How We Can Help Experienced U.S. Franchisors
Is it time for you to get new counsel?
If your attorney is not a franchising specialist, the answer is probably "Yes."
Signs you need new counsel specializing in franchising:
- The growth of your franchise system is stalled
- You waste resources in needless litigation or responding to threats of litigation
- Your current counsel spends time researching issues that a franchise specialist would know automatically as a part of the specialist's daily practice
- Your current counsel is not responsive and proactive
- Your franchise documents do not meet your needs
Signs your franchise documents do not meet your needs:
- They leave you exposed to unnecessary risk
- You use costly state-specific Franchise Disclosure Documents instead of a single, uniform FDD
- The law, the franchise market, and the economy change—but your franchise documents do not
- You ask, "Are we covered?," and your counsel answers, "We never contemplated something like this ..." instead of "We are on top of this"
- They do not fit with your corporate culture
- Your franchisees and prospective franchisees do not understand them
- They are in legalese
What we can do for you.
Franchising is the core of our expertise. An experienced franchise lawyer from The Johnson Franchise Law Firm can assist you with:
- Negotiating and closing franchise transactions
- Resolving issues that arise in the day-to-day operation of your franchise system:
- Protecting you during transfers—whether the transfers are transfers of the franchise or transfers of equity in the franchisee
- Enforcing system standards
- Introducing improvements and changes in the system
- Managing cures of franchisee defaults
- Other franchise legal and business issues
- Enhancing your sources of revenue
- Updating and enhancing your franchise documents to adapt to changes in the:
- Franchise market
- Complying with state laws governing franchise registration or exemption from registration, and taking advantage of exemptions that may be available to you
- Going global
We can also assist you with issues that regularly arise in the conduct of your business. These issues include:
- Acquiring franchised outlets
- Selling company-owned outlets
- Licensing your trademarks and technology
- Protecting the confidentiality of your confidential information and the secrecy of your trade secrets
- Raising capital
- Developing relationships with independent contractors
- Helping you maximize your returns and minimize your risks
Contact us today.
If you want to take your business to the next level, contact The Johnson Franchise Law Firm today.